For these week’s IOWs, a series of sources that can be analyzed on their own or can lead to an analysis of a logo.
This can be:
1. Practice with visual-text analysis – the logo and/or the infographic (tie it to informational text and it’s good benchmark-practice and paired-text practice).
2. Preparation for multi-genre research paper (12th grade teachers) for a. thinking about color and design (check out the last one!) and b. analyzing sources
3. An entry into a discussion about how and why things evolve (11th grade teachers . . . language essay?)
4. An invitation to assess the reliability and credibility of a source based on a. what’s cited (or not), b. time of publication, and/or c. hogwash or credible theory?
5. An evaluation of hidden messages or propaganda