Karyn shared this great resource: These 75 Iconic Photos Will Define The 21st Century So Far. Everyone Needs To See This.
There are photographs here that would:
- be great idea-inspirers or quick-writes or narrative writing practice.
- make incredible Socratic Seminars.
- work great paired with text to get students practicing with paired texts.
- be practice with analyzing visual text.
- be incredible conversation-starters.
- serve as informational text on current-ish events (events of the last 14 years).
- (the possibilities seem endless)
Students could even gather photographs that define their last 14 years in preparation for autobiographical narrative (if that’s their narrative assignment for mp 1) or a photograph that has happened since these to add or a photograph or two or three they would argue deserve to be in the list.
Here’s a preview:Thanks to Karyn for sharing this!